What Personality and Poker Have to Do with Innovation written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Getting sales and marketing on the same page is an age-old problem for many organizations. While they may actually have objectives that are at odds, there’s also a good chance the people and personalities could be mismatched as well.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Stephen Shapiro, a leading keynote speaker, author, and advisor. He and I discuss what our personalities and poker have to do with innovation.
Shapiro cultivates innovation by showing leaders and their teams how to approach, tackle and solve their business challenges. Applying the knowledge he has accrued over decades in the industry, Shapiro is able to see what others can’t: opportunities to improve innovation models and the cultures that support them.
Questions I ask Stephen Shapiro:
- What is the point of Personality Poker?
- How do you play Personality Poker?
- What are the differences between Personality Poker and other test-based personality tests, such as Myers-Briggs?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How people insulate themselves from innovation
- Why hanging out with people of various personalities and industries is essential for innovation
- What you can learn about yourself and your organization by playing Personality Poker
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Stephen Shapiro:
- Learn more about Stephen Shapiro.
- Learn more about Personality Poker.
- Read Shapiro’s blog.
- Connect on Facebook.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Subscribe to YouTube channel.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
- Email email@example.com.
Looking for an awesome WordPress tools for your business? Look no further than Thrive Themes and Thrive Leads. They are packed with features that will not only make your website building life easy, but will make your entire website convert more of your visitors into subscribers, customers & clients. Click here to learn more.
This week’s episode is also brought to you by ActiveCampaign. This is my new go-to CRM, ESP, and marketing automation platform. With its low cost, any size of business can use it. Starting at $19/month, you can keep track of your clients, see who’s visiting your website, and follow-up based on behavior. Learn more here.