Here’s the thing most don’t realize about Amazon – they do so many things like a small business that they are actually more nimble than much smaller organizations and they can teach small business a ton.
Amazon gets continuous optimization better than anyone and continuous optimization is a by-product of caring about your customer.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Bryan Eisenberg. He is a long-time featured keynote speaker for many things including SEO and conversion rate optimization and is the author of many books including his newest release, Be Like Amazon. He and I discuss, you guessed it, how to be like Amazon, even if you run a small business.
Eisenberg is the co-author of the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, USA Today and New York Times bestselling books “Call to Action”, “Waiting For Your Cat to Bark?”, “Always Be Testing” and “Buyer Legends.”. He is an internationally recognized authority and pioneer in online marketing, improving conversion rates, persuasive content and persona marketing, and helping organizations improve their customer experiences.
Questions I ask Bryan Eisenberg:
- How does Amazon do such a good job at understanding what customers want?
- What are the four pillars of success?
- How can people take the four pillars of success and apply them to their business?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to be fearless like Amazon
- What you can learn about management from Amazon
- Why optimization starts with caring
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Bryan Eisenberg:
- Learn more about Bryan Eisenberg.
- Buy the Kindle version of Be Like Amazon.
- Subscribe to BelikeAmazon.com.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Connect on Facebook.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an independent marketing consultant or an agency owner? If so, you may want to check out the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network. It is a growing group of independent marketing consultants and agencies that are partnering and collaborating using the Duct Tape Marketing tools, and really scaling their businesses. Check it out at ducttapemarketingconsultant.com.