How to Be Successful By Honing What Makes You Powerful and Authentic written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Carrie Kerpen. She is the co-founder and CEO of Likeable Media, an award-winning content studio that was named Crain’s sixth Best Place to Work in NYC. She is also the author of Work It: Secrets for Success from the Boldest Women in Business. She and I discuss lessons learned from her interviews in the book and how the takeaways can apply to both men and women.
Kerpen is what you might call an “accidental” entrepreneur. Despite having a rather loud inner self-critic, she built a multimillion-dollar social media agency at a time when there was no one to teach you about social media marketing. She and her husband did it without any formal education on how to start or run a business. In fact, before she started their company, she didn’t have a single day of agency experience.
Kerpen has been featured in the New York Times, ABC World News Tonight, FOX News, and CNBC. She has keynoted conferences in London, Las Vegas, Mexico City, and New York, among others.
Questions I ask Carrie Kerpen:
- Why is failing important?
- How can women balance family and entrepreneurship?
- What are the best tips you received from interviewing all of these bold women?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How women can balance what’s expected vs. intuition and desire in business
- Why women often equate imperfection with failure
- Why bold women must love their look and how that leads to confidence
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Carrie Kerpen:
- Learn more about Carrie Kerpen.
- Buy Work It: Secrets for Success from the Boldest Women in Business.
- Learn more about Likeable Media.
- Connect on Facebook.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Follow on Instagram.
- Email Carrie Kerpen.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!